Answered By: Reference/Instruction Librarians Last Updated: Apr 20, 2017 Views: 18
McConnell Library subscribes to many current news sources, including The New York Times and The Washington Post. There are several ways to access these articles.
1. Starting in Supersearch, type keywords that relate to the topic you're looking for.
2. In your results, under Source Types, select News.
3. You can sort your results by Date Newest instead of Relevance to see the most up-to-date articles.
4. Click the link for the article you want to read. (It may read "HTML Full Text," "Find Full Text," or something else.)
5. The article may not be formatted in exactly the same way it would have been on the news publication's website, but it is still the same content!
1. In the Supersearch box, select Journals. Type in the name of the newspaper you want to search.
2. Select the name of the newspaper you're looking for.
3. In the menu that pops up to the right, make sure to select the date range you need. Then follow the link to the database that contains your newspaper.
4. From there you can sort by date to read the newest articles, or search within your results if you're looking for articles on a specific topic.