Answered By: Reference/Instruction Librarians Last Updated: Jul 03, 2018 Views: 3
Welcome to Radford University. We are so glad you are here. Learning and living in another language is big endeavor, to help you during your experience the librarians at McConnell Library have gathered information to help you in your language journey.
Improving English Language Skills:
Writing and Reading:
- The Testing & Education Reference Center– has Online Lessons for Sentence Skills, Writing, and Reading Comprehension http://libguides.radford.edu/testing
- Create a list of common grammatical errors, sentence, and paper structures to keep with you as you write to remind you of your problem errors. (Use the Highlander Knowledge Center paper consultation service to help identify the grammatical mistakes that cause you problems.)
- Practice reading aloud or rewriting text that is similar to the kind of text you will be using in class or researching. This will help build sentence flow.
- Use Transparent Language Online to practice English. Students have access this service through MyRU – Academics – Academic Tools – Transparent Language Online.
- Request a language tutor through the Literacy Volunteers of the New River Valley: http://www.lvnrv.org