Answered By: Reference/Instruction Librarians Last Updated: Jun 29, 2018 Views: 16
If you do not see a printer with a name starting with ML or Pay-for-Print, the specific printer may need to be added to the computer you are using. Here are instructions on how to add a printer to the computer:
- Open Microsoft Word. (It is not possible to reconfigure printers from PDFs and web browsers.)
- Click on print in the “File” menu. This opens the “Print” window.
- The “Printer” menu displays the default printer. If you see Adobe PDF, Salt PDF or any printer that you don’t want to send to, then you want to open the menu by clicking on the triangle.
- Near the bottom of the menu you will see “Add printer.” Select this option.
- This opens the “Find Printers” window.
- In the “Name” box type ML (or Pay if you want to print to the public or color printer)
- Then click the “Find Now” button.
- This will display a list of the library printers unless you entered Pay.
- Select the printer nearest to you by locating its name in the search results and double-clicking on it. All of our printers are labeled:
- ML-331-BW2, ML-331-BW3, ML-331-BW4 and ML-331-BW5
- Information Literacy Center A ML-331-BW6.
- Information Literacy Center B ML-331-BW7
- Harvey Center ML-440-BW
1st and 2nd floor do not have printers. These computers default to the Pay-for-Print printer at the Front Desk of the library.
Once you have selected your preferred printer in Microsoft Word this printer should be default in any other application that you open on your computer.
If you are still experiencing printing problems, please ask a library staff member for help. We are happy to assist.
Email us: Refdesk@radford.edu