Answered By: Reference/Instruction Librarians Last Updated: Dec 15, 2017 Views: 52
First, press the power button on the media:scape hub in the center of the table. If the power icon was previously white, it should turn green.
Once the media:scape is on, plug in your device to one of the station's black "pucks." The icons on the puck should light up white once something has been plugged in. Press the number on the puck. It should turn green, and the display from your device will appear on the media:scape screen.
Some things to note:
- Media:scapes can be connected to through a device's HDMI or VGA port. HDMI adaptors can be checked out from the front desk, including those for connecting Macs and Android/iPhones.
- If the station won't turn on, you can reset the system by pressing the small white reset button beneath the console cover.
- Media:scape pucks are not as responsive as phone touch screens. You may need to try tapping/pressing the puck a few times before it will respond.
- Multiple devices can be plugged into the station at a time. You can change which device is displayed on the screen by pressing the number of your puck until it turns green.
- For Mac display issues, see this guide from DePaul University Library.
Email us: Refdesk@radford.edu