Answered By: Lisa Vassady
Last Updated: Jul 05, 2016     Views: 6625

If you have a scholarly article without a DOI number (if you can't find it, see what's a DOI?), there are different rules whether you are an RU undergraduate or graduate student.

UNDERGRADUATES Use our APA 6th for Undergraduates guide:

Click on the Scholarly Journal Articles option on the "I Want to Cite" tab. Scroll down the page to see the examples labelled "No DOI".

GRADUATE STUDENTS Use our APA 6th for Graduate Students guide.

Click on the appropriate tab for your source type: either Journal Article - No DOI - Online or Journal Article - No DOI - Print.

If you are unsure, you can talk with a librarian using the chat box on the right, via email at, calling 540-831-5696, or stopping in when the Research Help Desk is open.


Related Topics

Contact Us

JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Email us:

Call us: 540 - 831 - 5696